A fellow card player sent me this recipe and it is filled with humor and looks interesting! He was telling another card player that he had just made stuffed peppers and that person said "I can't cook." Zap rose to the challenge and said he had a recipe anyone can make. This is the result:
This will make 2 (4 halves) stuffed peppers.
2 Large green peppers
1 small onion
1 can tomato soup
1/2 stalk celery
1/2 lb ground meat (hamburg)
2 slices of bread
1 deep skillet with cover
1 large mixing bowl
The following directions are for kitchen
challenged people. Anyone can do this. This means you.
First wash your hands (he he).
1. Place mixing bowl on counter (...see how easy?)
2. break the 2 bread slices up into the bowl into little pieces. (If bread is stale its OK)
3. Cut up the onion into small pieces (called mincing) (This is an educational experience)
4. Dump (or place if yr picky) the minced onion on top of the bread.
5. Chop up 1/2 stalk of celery and mince it. (Know what that means? see learning already)
6. Dump minced celery into bowl with onion and bread.
7. Put 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of celery salt in bowl.
8. Run to the store and buy celery salt cause you don't have it. (he he..isn't this fun?)
For now mix up the stuff in the bowl (with both hands) and then set it aside for a bit.
9. Cut the stem out of both green peppers..(find
a bandaid for your cut finger).
10. Stand the pepper on its bottom end and cut each on in half top to bottom.
Congrats...you missed your finger that time.
11. Pick up one of the green pepper halves and cut out all the stuff inside leaving just a shell.
12. Do the same with the other 3 halves.
If you have more that 3 halves..reread from # 9 to here.
13. Place the 4 halves ..open side up in the skillet and set aside for a bit.
14. Find the bowl with the STUFF in it (providing the cat has not been in it).
15. Dump into the bowl the 1/2 lb of hamburg.
16. Crack one egg on side of bowl and add contents of the egg to the mix.
(Take out any egg shells).
17. Open can of soup (works better that way) and add 1/2 of the can to the mix.
OOO IT LOOKS YUCKY !!!
NOW COMES THE FUN PART !!!
18. Mix the bread mix, meat,egg,and tomato soup together well..use both hands.
Get Down, Get Funky...make sure its mixed together really well.
19. Divide the mixture into 4 even lumps and stuff each lump into each Pepper half. WASH YOUR HANDS AGAIN...he he.
20. Pour 1/2 cup water into the skillet (not into the peppers).
21. Turn burner on High UNTIL water in skillet is boiling then turn down to LOW . PUT LID ON.
22. On low cook for 1 hour. Check every 15 min to see that the water hasn't boiled away.
23. Add water if water has cooked away.
24. At end on 1 hr. Get the 1/2 can of tomato soup (that you almost threw out).
25. Put 1 tablespoon of soup on top of the meat in each pepper.
26. Put lid back on and cook for 15 more minutes.
27. While you're waiting, clean up the mess you made preparing this.
28. After 15 minutes..turn heat off and serve with whatever else hits your fancy .
SEE !!! NOTHING TO IT !!!
back to recipes
back to Zap's page